Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Because sometimes you just have to laugh :o)

This is my friend Robert. He loves to post videos on YouTube and is becoming quite the filmmaker. My sister  (his neighbor, or "6307" to Robert) first introduced me to his work after he confiscated her iPhone during a get-together and she found a video of him on it. He frequently reminds her of her "Taytie Tot" (my youngest daughter) and she knew we would immediately recognize the "Yo Gabba Gabba" bit in the first video. He shares a variety of different videos on YouTube, so these aren't his newest creations, but I wanted to share these videos because, as his mom said, "sometimes you just have to laugh".

Let me be clear: we are NOT laughing AT Robert. As parents, there is nothing wrong with getting a kick out of your kids doing things that are cute whether they have autism or not. What I love about these videos and one of the reasons I wanted to post them (aside from the fact that he is too cute for words) is that whenever our kids find something that engages them and helps them express who they are and what they enjoy, we need to celebrate that. I think it's awesome that Rob found something he loves to do and that it connects him to the "outside world".

So I say, film away, Robert - I will be watching and expecting an invitation to your first big movie premiere :o)

1 comment: